Mission: We seek to strengthen and empower Lodge-level AIA/ICE teams through sharing of skillsets, resources, and best practices. We strive to capture the passion and experience held by our Section’s prominent experts, and we will facilitate sharing it in the form of training sessions, leadership conferences, and plan-of-action brainstorms.
There are two places where involvement from the Lodges comes into play:
Ambassador Corps—a team of volunteer trainers who are highly experienced and passionate about various areas of AIA/ICE. They are also top-notch trainers and are flexible enough to attend events across the Section.
- This team is continually being recruited and trained
- Fit the above description? Become a Member! You decide how involved to be.
- The Section will provide materials and resources for their trainings
- Ultimate discretion is given to the trainers to adapt materials into their own preferred formats or to address contextual needs of the trainees on a case-by-case basis.
Event Request— Click Here for a form to request an Ambassador for your Lodge’s AIA/ICE training event.
- Events in 2014 are eligible for this program.
- The more specific you are, the less the Ambassador Corps will need to follow up with you and the better the training will match your needs!
- Don’t have an event in mind? Don’t have any involvement or interest in the first place? Then email Ryan Prestil directly and the Ambassador Corps can meet with Lodge and AIA/ICE leadership to assess the situation and develop a plan for how to lay the foundation for a strong team.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When/Where is the event?
A. You tell us! We do not host any events; we simply support your own events with expert trainers and resources.
2. How much notice do you need for our event?
A. We require at least four weeks’ notice, but more advanced notice is appreciated and will greatly help in locking in a trainer.
3. Who can request a trainer?
A. Anyone involved in the planning and leading of AIA/ICE teams and training events.
4. Can you come to all of our events?
A. Every requested event will be communicated with the Ambassador Corps, and we will do our best to provide the requested resources. Requests will be filled in the order they’re received, regardless of Lodge or location.
5. Can I join the Ambassador Corps?
A. If you are interested and fit the description on the Project Overview page, please send me an email detailing your involvement and expertise; the more Ambassadors we have, the more requests we can fulfill!
6. Is there compensation for Ambassadors?
A. Ambassadors are strictly volunteers; however, there will be a limited budget set aside to reimburse expenses incurred in the course of conducting the trainings. The Corps will also be recognized for their service at Section Conclave.
7. How much does it cost to get an Ambassador to our event?
A. At most, the cost of a meal, should the Ambassador eat while at your event.
8. Can’t we just have our own experienced Arrowmen do the trainings?
A. Of course! The purpose of the ITAP is to supplement what you already have and teach you what you don’t already know, and in order to do that, it’s necessary to go outside of your Lodge.
9. I don’t even have a(n) X team, how will this help?
A. We have a few options: we could sit down with Lodge and (if present) AIA/ICE leadership and talk about how to organically grow and develop an AIA/ICE team, we could attend a large-scale lodge event and run an introductory training for the mass population to spark interest, or we could focus on another area at which your lodge could truly excel.
10. How do I request an event?
A. Click Here